Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Family Values

So recently I've moved to Texas which has caused some issues between me and my younger sister.  Let me give you some back story... I was in a really weird place in my life before I moved.  I wasn't making money as a hairstylist back home,  my sister is 23 and I'm 28 we were roommates and with the age gap we just lived two different lifestyles which caused a lot of tension, not to mention the fact that I was just plain unhappy. Being that I was unhappy I decided to make a drastic move and I told my sister I wanted to move to Texas see if I could make things happen there.  She didn't believe me and when the time came she was pissed because I said I was leaving and we still had time left on our lease. I hopped on that one way ticket to Dallas and never looked back.  Shortly after I moved the salon I worked for closed so I just felt like I had nothing to go home too.  Now I  can't lie I haven't been perfect but I've been doing my best trying to get settled paying rent and bills for two households and I've paid the rent late back home I can't lie and Ive always paid talked to the rental office made arrangement everything I could do.  I paid late fees up to 150 but I'm not tripping that's my responsibility.  I own up to that! I find out my sister took her student loan money paid the rent up and has been pocketing my late fees, and her dude has been living with her.  I would never do her like that.  She knows I'm trying to make a change in my life for the better help her and my family and be happy.  So I stopped sending her the money and sent it straight to the rental office.  This really pissed her off and she started sending me nasty  text messages.  Well now the lease is up and I'm off the lease my money is paid and I think everything is gonna be fine and my sister sends me a nasty voice mail.  Calling me names such as ballad heads bitch, you aren't shit, you need to get your hair game up, if you can't make it in Indy you can't make it any where, you stupid bitch your man ain't gonna take care of you! The message has so much hate in it.  She says I betrayed our trust. Though I've been paying the rent and utilities keeping up with my end of the bargain she is so angry with me about moving.  Shes so jealous that I'm not stuck in the bullshit.  Its not my job to save anyone and sometimes you gotta be selfish to ensure your own self preservation.  I got tired of being mediocre of not being able to do what I want, buy what I want, and being unhappy sick every single day from worrying.   So when the opportunity presented itself I got the hell outta dodge. I understand her angst though I'd be mad too stuck in a miserable existence.  A cheating Man little to no friends and a nasty attitude.  Now I don't wanna fight with my sister but I will not make apologies for doing what I had to do to make a better way for myself.  I'm happier then I've ever been and when I visited home the people who are really happy for me couldn't get over how different I looked like the weight have been lifted off me.  I feel like it has been and I'm happy.  Everything you do isn't gonna make everyone happy and sometimes that's  okay as long as you didn't intentionally hurt anyone.  Stand strong and know that people will either get over it or they wont but no matter what you still have to live your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment