Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watch my shoes

So here's the thing I have a Man right and I love him to death we don't fight about many things but...We always seem to get into it about the way I dress.  He says I dress like a "boy toy" and I don't have to and shouldn't dress like that because I am not single.  I say fuck that I should dress the way I wanna dress boyfriend or not you meet me this way which is (kinda hard to say because we met on line but that's neither here nor there). So this past Sunday I had an Event at a Natural Hair Care Expo I'm a hair stylist at a natural hair care salon so you can imagine how I dress. if you know any hair stylist you know we have great style and are sometimes over the top.  I like things big not necessarily flashy, I'm not like that but I have some over the top pieces in my wardrobe for sure.   So we had to wear black shirts and jeans so I decided to add a little pow and wear my thigh high sliver cowboy decal boots to add a little wow factor.  My Man always like to give me his two cents about my clothes  and goes Mmmmm Mmmm baby not those boots.  And it just pissed me off!  He proceeds to tell me how I need to dress more professional and I'm like baby I'm a hairstylist not an accountant.  We have a big blow up (I happened to be very emo because flow was in town) I'm yelling and crying because it more then the boots how I dress is a big part of who I am. Its me... my personal style and I pride myself on being very stylish. Him not understanding that hurts because I'm like I love him so much and i accept everything about him like it or not. My style that just so me so its almost like do you like me really for who I am.  For most people that's extreme thinking but for me its just my thought process.  At the end of the day I know that he really love me and we care for each other and I've always been able to express to him my feelings.  We have moved on and dealt with the situation so its Peas and Carrots with us like nothing happened.  BTW those same boots he didn't want me to wear because he thought they weren't professional my boss loved and I received so many compliment's I lost count.

No comments:

Post a Comment